“Botanical Garden, Death In Paradise Hotspots And lunch at Catherine’s Bar” Tour
THE DIP TOUR VIDEO
What you’ll Experience on this tour:
- Photo stop & Visit The Honoré police station (whenever authorised by the production team);
- Guided Tours of Deshaies village (Honoré village);
- Lunch and drinks at The Catherine’s Bar (closed on Wednesdays);
- Explore the botanical garden where the first detective in the series, Richard Poole, was found murdered in the garden’s private villa;
- Panoramic tour of the north of Basse-Terre!
An exceptional tour of northern Guadeloupe departing from Pointe-à-Pitre, 100% discovery!
After a comfortable journey in our air-conditioned minibus, you’ll start with a remarkable natural site: the botanical garden in Deshaies village (Honore village), where the first detective in the series, Richard Poole, was found murdered in the garden’s private villa.
As soon as you start your visit, you’ll be able to admire a magnificent collection of water lilies, including a change of koi carp, discover the village of parrots and lorikeets, and the majestic Tallipot palm, unique in Guadeloupe!
Our guide will then take you on a tour of the village, pointing out the main sights such as Catherine’s Bar, the fishing port from which views of the village are filmed, the police station, the church, etc.
You will have lunch at Catherine’s Bar. Your guide will show you the French and Guadeloupean cuisine on their menu. You will have an hour and a half to enjoy this unique experience for fans of the Death in Paradise series.
After lunch, your guide will take you on a scenic drive along the coast. You’ll walk along the magnificent beach where the Inspector’s ‘shack’ is set up every year during the filming period.
You’ll also have a breathtaking view of the Langley Resort Fort Royal, a frequent filming location in the series.
After this stop, it’s time to board your minibus for the return trip to the cruise terminal in Pointe-à-Pitre, where you will arrive at 3.30pm.
THE DIP TOUR VIDEO
- From 2 Ports of call:
- Pointe-à-Pitre Cruise Terminal: from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm;
- Basse-Terre Port: from 8:15 pm to 3:30 pm.
- Deshaies Port: from 10:00 am to 2:45 pm.
- This moderately active excursion is suitable only for guests who are in good physical condition.
- Tour requires climbing steps and walking approximately two miles, with stopping and standing along the way.Terrain is uneven and uphill in places.Terrain includes paved areas with steps at Deshaies town.
- For safety reasons, staff is not able to lift guests into or out of vehicles. Specific dietary requirements cannot be guaranteed on shore excursions.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Shade is limited; please dress accordingly. Bring a hat and wear biodegradable sunscreen.
- The route is winding. Guests who are prone to motion sickness should consider this before booking and/or take appropriate medication. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Catherine’s bar may not be available for various reasons (closed on Wednesdays, fully booked, etc.). In this case, your local guide will take you to another restaurant for lunch. However, a photo stop will always be scheduled during the tour.
INFORMATION ON OUR PRICES:
€75 per person
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Tickets for a visit to the Guadeloupe Botanical Gardens;
- Guided Tours of Deshaies village;
- Booking of a table in catherine’s bar;
- Panoramic tour of the north of Basse-Terre;
- Tour led by a local and bilingual guide;
- Visits in small groups (privatisation possible);
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus.
- Transport to and from Pointe-à-Pitre Cruise Terminal or Basse-Terre Port (+ €10);
- Bottle of water.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Lunch: meal and drinks (between €20 and €30 per person) depending on your consumption;
- Ticket for visiting Honoré Police Station (whenever authorised by the production team): €15;
- Personal insurance and expenses;
- Tips for the guide;
- Drinks not included.